What to expect from a coach
- Set appropriate boundaries and policies.
- Expect you to set the agenda for each session.
- Listen to you carefully on multiple levels.
- Ask powerful, direct questions.
- Genuinely appreciate, endorse and support your success.
- Take the risk to be wrong rather than holding back important truths.
- Assist you in setting goals, planning and strategizing action steps.
- Give perspectives, options, and suggestions to create awareness and catalyze your own solutions.
- Make powerful requests to deepen your process between sessions.
What to expect from yourself in your coaching sessions
- Make your coaching sessions a priority.
- Come to each session with a specific agenda or discussion topic.
- Complete what you agree to do. Use what you learn. Do your own work.
- Be open‐minded and willing to try new approaches. Stretch outside your comfort zone!
- Be responsible for your own feelings, decisions and actions. Be responsible for your success.
- Get to know yourself as you are now and ask yourself to change to become who you want to be as a leader.
- Tell me the truth. Tell yourself the truth. Tell the truth to others.
- Be willing to change your beliefs if they do not serve you anymore.