Ever Wrestle With One of These Thoughts?
Ever Wrestle With One of These Thoughts?
Amanda’s knowledge is extraordinary. She delivers on what she promises and offers valuable suggestions to help your organization deal with its specific challenges. That’s the real currency of a consultant – she quickly identifies what you’re dealing with, and then defines a process that makes sense, and is customized to what the client needs.
As a leader, you are often faced with complicated business problems, changing priorities and critical decisions that can either move you toward lasting success or leave you spinning your wheels. For your organization to be effective, you need a clear vision and goals, a solid business strategy, and team and leadership alignment. Your board can be a leadership force on behalf of your organization, or, ineffective and unfocused. Leadership transitions can be a time of uncertainty and upheaval, or, a smooth link to the next phase of growth.
Amanda guides you through the essential conversations, helps you build smart processes, and sets accountability benchmarks that clarify and resolve your most important strategic and operational challenges.
Amanda Madorno gets you there with:
- Strategic planning and implementation support.
- Team Excellence programs to prepare your people for effective engagement and execution.
- Artful facilitation and inspired retreat planning to engage key participants.
- Coaching for individuals and teams.
- Evaluating leadership and organizational capacity.
- Advising to ensure you have the people and systems in place to execute your strategy.
Define critical issues.
Set clear goals.
Create a blueprint for success.
Strategy – and its successful execution – are critical to the long-term success and health of your business. Whether for-profit or non-profit, every leader needs a plan to thrive in today’s economy. Everything you do flows from your organizational purpose to move you toward your vision of success.
Amanda works with you to hone in on your mission, create a powerful vision, and develop strategies to thrive in an environment of constant change. She ensures you have the most important strategy conversations to drive results – whether that’s tackling sacred cows or deciding what you need to stop doing. She helps you open the door to innovative approaches to old problems and develop curiosity around new ideas that foster creative problem-solving. Along the way, her facilitation encourages people to galvanize around a shared purpose and goal for the future.
So often people think there’s only one right way to do strategic planning. Amanda really customized her approach to what we needed. That required a lot of flexibility. She made the process interesting and solicited clear conclusions with measurable results. The strategic plan we have is exciting. I don’t think we could’ve gotten to where we are now without Amanda. She wouldn’t let us get bogged down or distracted. She encouraged broad participation that informed, but did not de-rail, the board’s leadership role. Rather than glossing over the tough issues, Amanda helped us
shine a light on the shadows and make good, even tough, decisions.
Do you want to foster…
- An opportunity for your board to change their perception of what it means to govern?
- A safe place for frank conversations that build trust?
- A climate of engagement and meaningful decision-making in your boardroom?
- Highly motivated passionate board members?
- New commitment from your board members to take action?
- Renewed vision and board leadership?
From Functioning Well to High Performance
There’s a difference between having a functioning board and a high-performing board. A high-performing board not only understands its role, it also thinks and acts strategically, shares leadership, enthusiastically participates, and actively promotes the mission of the organization. Amanda takes you beyond the basics to optimize your board’s performance, clarify governance priorities, establish effective decision-making, and grow board leaders. With Amanda at your side, board members change their perspective on what it means to govern and re-engage in why they serve and what they need to accomplish.
She has this beautiful combination of educating while providing a well-thought out game plan. We benefited from useful tools, whether those were documents, processes, or schedules. Then, literally, she was at our side while we implemented the governance plan.
Excellent format and facilitation! One of the best board retreats I’ve been to. I appreciate focus on strategy, direction, and relevance of board and staff working together.
Artful Meeting Facilitation
Productive business meetings with engaged participants are at the core of business success. Yet, many meetings are a drain and a waste of time. How often have you sat there and realized that the meeting has turned into something else, and the discussion has drifted from where you wanted it to go? It’s bad enough when it happens at regularly scheduled team meetings. When it happens during a key strategy meeting, the opportunity as well as hard costs can be more significant.
Amanda doesn’t like to waste time – yours or hers. Whether it’s a half-day session for strategic planning, strategy execution, or governance retreat, she creates a safe place for frank conversations that build trust and get to the point. She uses a creative and participatory process that allows you to have focused and engaging conversations and become more insightful, effective and efficient. Her facilitation is infused with fun and infectious enthusiasm that guides you and your team to work better, faster and smarter.
Amanda’s so good that we brought her back to facilitate a second board retreat. She’s like lightning in a jar. She engages your board and staff, and customizes her approach, so you hit the target you were aiming at.
Amanda’s highly effective facilitation using fun and insightful shared learning experiences, advanced us light years forward. here is indeed a fresh and exciting energy amongst us. That’s worth its weight in gold.
Let us help you make your meetings sizzle!
- Generate more ideas, faster
- Make better decisions
- Arrive at smarter solutions
- Put good ideas into actions
- Become a more cohesive team
Leverage Your Leadership Transition
Navigating the waters of an executive transition can be challenging. It can feel like a deep crisis. At the same time, it is a pivotal moment for change, an opportunity that organizations can leverage. It can be a time for assessment, reconsideration, and renewal. With Amanda as your trusted advisor, your organization can avoid the pitfalls that typically accompany a leadership transition, such as:
- Loss of organizational momentum.
- A decrease in overall morale.
- Reduced trust and goodwill among stakeholders.
- Transition coaching and succession planning for sitting executives, to help them personally prepare for change.
- Board and staff development to help your team successfully manage the emotional and operational currents of organizational change.
- An organizational assessment to identify areas that need strengthening before the new executive takes charge.
- Developing a position profile that clearly lays out the type of leadership necessary to move the nonprofit towards its vision.
- Conducting a deep and broad search to deliver a strong and diverse pool of executive-level candidates from which the board can select.
- Providing post-hire support to ensure that the board and the new executive are well positioned for success.
You have so much courage. You stepped into things and asked for the truth. You brought hope and asked tough questions. You came to us when it seemed like nobody really cared. I really admire and continue to admire your courage and ability to walk through adversity with grace. Thank you!
Amanda helped us move through an executive transition in a professional, rational way. She coached the board and the outgoing executive. It was a very emotional time. Amanda helped us handle things in a way that didn’t destroy the organization, which could easily have happened. She listened to everyone, counseled tolerance and patience, and kept us focused on the end result.